Aubagio Warnings and Precautions
Prior to starting treatment with Aubagio, you should understand that this medication can cause potentially dangerous infections, life-threatening skin reactions, and other complications. Other warnings and precautions with Aubagio involve being aware of drug interactions, allergic reactions, and possible risks for women who are pregnant or nursing. This drug can also cause dangerously low blood cell counts, so you will have to be carefully monitored.
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Bone marrow problems
- A weakened immune system due to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other cause
- Frequent or uncontrolled infections, or if you currently have an infection
- Lung or breathing problems
- Numbness or tingling in your hands or feet
- Had serious skin reactions to other medications
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
You should also tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.