More Details on Baclofen
Generic AvailabilityThe intrathecal form of this medication is not available in generic form; the tablets are available only in generic form (see Generic Baclofen).
Who Makes This Medication?Lioresal injection is made by Novartis Pharma and is distributed and marketed by Medtronic, Inc. Brand-name baclofen tablets are no longer manufactured, although generic versions are still available and are made by various manufacturers. Gablofen injection is made by Cangene bioPharma, Inc., for CNS Therapeutics, Inc.
Strengths of BaclofenBaclofen (or the generic version, in the case of the tablets) comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Baclofen 10 mg tablets
- Baclofen 20 mg tablets
- Lioresal intrathecal injection 10 mg per 5 mL
- Lioresal intrathecal injection 10 mg per 20 mL
- Gablofen intrathecal injection 50 mcg per mL prefilled syringes
- Gablofen intrathecal injection 500 mcg per mL in 20-mL vials (a total of 10,000 mcg or 10 mg per vial)
- Gablofen intrathecal injection 2,000 mcg per mL in 20-mL vials (a total of 40,000 mcg or 40 mg per vial).