If a person takes too much Copaxone (glatiramer acetate), overdose symptoms may be the usual Copaxone side effects, which could occur more severely. If the overdose was taken by mouth, problems are not likely to occur, because the drug is a delicate molecule that would be destroyed by the digestive system. If necessary, treatment for a Copaxone overdose may include supportive care.
Copaxone® (glatiramer acetate) is a prescription medication used to treat multiple sclerosis. It is normally taken by injection. The effects of a Copaxone overdose will vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Copaxone dosage and whether it was taken by mouth or injection.
If you happen to overdose on Copaxone, seek immediate medical attention.
It is not known exactly what to expect from a Copaxone overdose, other than the usual Copaxone side effects (which might occur more severely in the case of an overdose). The maximum safe Copaxone dose has not been determined. If an overdose is taken by mouth, it is not likely to cause serious problems, although this is not known for certain. Copaxone is a delicate molecule that must be injected because it would be destroyed by the digestive system if taken by mouth.
It is also not known how to best treat a Copaxone overdose. Therefore, treatment (if necessary) will involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you or someone else may have overdosed on Copaxone.