An Introduction to Tizanidine Side Effects
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with tizanidine hydrochloride
). However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with this medication. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of tizanidine side effects with you.)
Side Effects of Tizanidine to Report
Some tizanidine side effects, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider right away. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellow skin (jaundice), dark urine, and upper-right abdominal pain
- Very low blood pressure
- Hallucinations, paranoia, or delusions
- A very slow heart rate
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.